The programs of the Orange County Arts Commission (OCAC) can be defined by the roles we serve in the arts community.
- Spring and Fall Arts Grants for artists, schools and nonprofit organizations creating cultural programs and projects in Orange County.
- Promotion of arts happenings throughout the county and Triangle through our monthly e-news Cultural Calendar, as well as through social media (Facebook, twitter, Instagram) and our online cultural calendar.
- Participating in several Triangle-wide arts programs including the Piedmont Laureate Program, the Congressional High School Art Competition, and Durham Arts Council’s Emerging Artists Program.
- Funding and facilitation of public art throughout Orange County.
- Fundraising programs to increase the amount of grants dispersed into the community. Click here to make a tax-deductible donation to the OCAC through our Community Giving Fund.
- As a Designated County Partner through the NC Arts Council, OCAC serves as the primary advocate for the arts in Orange County, making sure our local officials understand the critical role the arts play in our economies, our communities and schools.
- Through Americans for the Arts, OCAC serves as the lead agency for the Arts & Economic Prosperity Survey that happens every four years. The survey gathers financial impact information from each of the 170+ arts organizations in Orange County, and then provides data proving the hugely significant role the arts play in our region. This data is then used by arts organizations in advocating for funding and sponsorship.
- Our quarterly Artists’ Salon Series provides free professional development sessions for area artists.
- The OCAC website offers easy access to arts resources for artists, visitors and residents.
- OCAC staff is available to local agencies and organizations for information regarding all areas of arts administration, including programming, fundraising and marketing.