The Eno Arts Mill offers a 1,000sf classroom for the visual, performing, and literary arts. The goal of the Orange County Arts Commission (OCAC) is to offer classes featuring teaching artists who posses strong technical and interpersonal skills, and an ability to teach conceptual information. We encourage classes for all levels of students.
- Teaching Artists: Eno Mill Studio Tenants – $35 per hour flat fee
- Teaching Artists: Non-tenants – 60/40 split of registration fees (artist keeps 60%)
- For-profit Organizations: $75 per hour flat fee
- Nonprofit Organizations: email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing
Masks are required by all visitors to the Eno Arts Mill at all times. Food and drink are currently not allowed due our mask mandate. The classroom has a set of double doors that can be opened during nice weather for air-flow. We also have a HEPA “Large Room” air purifier to use during all classes. Tables and supplies are sanitized between classes. The current maximum capacity in the space is 21 people, including the instructor.
- Class registrations and billing will be managed through the arts commission. For classes requiring a 60/40 split of registration fees, instructors will be paid within 30 days following the conclusion of the class.
- The classroom is equipped with supplies such as easels, cleaning supplies, and some basic art supplies. Any specialized supplies need to be provided by the instructor (price can include cost of materials) or provided in a separate supply list for students to purchase.
- An OCAC staff member will be on-site during all classes.
- The Eno Arts Mill is ADA accessible. Several handicapped accessible parking spaces are located outside our space and the classroom features exterior facing double doors making wheelchair entry easy.
- Ample parking is available just in front of the Eno Arts Mill space.
- Restrooms are located within the mill, just outside of the classroom. An ADA accessible restroom is available.
- Teachers are required to follow the Rules of Use of the space which will be provided upon check-in; failure to adhere to the Rules of Use may result in additional cleaning fees and the inability to use the space in the future.
- Mediums requiring flammable/highly toxic material, fire, or heavy machinery are not ideal for this space.
- The OCAC will promote approved classes through our website and marketing channels and expect host artists/organizations to do the same.
- The OCAC requires a minimum of one-month lead time in order to properly promote each class.
- The OCAC hopes to make classes as financially accessible as possible for participants, while taking into consideration the instructor’s time and supplies. Pricing is primarily up to the instructor with input from the OCAC if needed. Scholarship assistance is available for students.
PITCH YOUR IDEA!
We are currently seeking proposals in the visual, performing, and literary arts for students of all ages, including summer camps. If you have idea, please submit our interest form here.
The new Eno Mill Gallery classroom space is a very well appointed, comfortable and ideal location for hosting art classes. The classroom is spacious, there are great tables and chairs that can accommodate any configuration and ample parking! Additionally, there is a nearby kitchen and accompanying facilities to take meal breaks as needed. One of my very favorite aspects was the ability to open large double doors making it feel like an outdoor space. I cannot think of a more ideal public location to host an art class!
I taught an oil painting class at Eno Arts Mill recently, and it was a wonderful experience! The staff was very responsive as we set up the class details, at least one of them was present in the office for each of my weekend classes, and they were so helpful in setting up the studio as well. The Eno Arts Mill is in such a beautiful building, and they also provided tables, chairs, and easels for me. The space was very clean too, and there was ample easy parking for my students. I’m so excited to be teaching there again soon.