Arts Educator Grants are available to public school arts educators in Orange County Public Schools and Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools seeking professional development. This program provides small grants ($250) for a variety of expenses and is designed to assist arts educators in advancing their careers.
The grants are available to any public school educator in Orange County teaching in the visual or performing arts pursing professional development opportunities. The application is open September 1-30, 2021.
- Travel expenses related to workshops or seminars, or to do research related to his/her art form, such as meals, lodging and transportation.
- Expenses related to workshops, master classes or coaching that will enhance the teacher’s abilities and/or allow the acquisition of Continuing Education Units, such as registration fees, substitute teacher costs, or required supplies.
- Purchase of supplies, materials or equipment necessary for the completion or production of work which is considered to be essential to the advancement of his/her teaching career.
Arts Educator Grant Program funds may not be used for the following:
- Student travel
- The completion of baccalaureate or post-baccalaureate degrees
- Classroom supplies
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a full-time preK-12th grade teacher in the visual or performing arts at any school within Orange County Public Schools or Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools
- Must be returning to the classroom in the consecutive school year
- Applicants may apply once per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).