>>> Watch our recorded grant training session here (Passcode: h^4&Jn&m)
2022-23 ARTIST PROJECT GRANT GUIDELINES
Solicitud del Programa de Becas para Proyectos de Artistas 2022-23: haga clic aquí
The Orange County Arts Commission offers Artist Project Grants to encourage artist-led community projects and programs. Funds are approved by the Orange County Board of County Commissioners.
ELIGIBILITY FOR APPLICATION
- All applicants must reside or carry out projects within Orange County. Priority is given to Orange County artist-residents.
- Applicant must be an individual artist or an unincorporated group of artists. Projects affiliated with, or artists representing, an incorporated organization must apply as an organization through the Grassroots Arts Program.
- Applications and support materials must be submitted electronically by the due date.
- Monday, May 2, 2022: Application Period opens
- Friday, June 10, 2022: Applications due by 11:59PM
- August, 2022: Applicants will be notified
- Fall, 2021: Check presentation at Board of County Commissioners meeting (tentative)
- All projects must take place between July 1, 2022, and June 30, 2023 (this means you can apply for a project that may have already happened before you are notified).
- Artist Project Grant funds may be used for expenditures to conduct quality arts programs for the benefit of the greater community. Typical uses of money include artist payments, space rental, advertising, marketing and publicity, website and electronic media, scripts, costumes, sets, props, supplies, equipment rental or purchase.
- The maximum request amount for Artist Project Grants is $2,000.
- Artist grantees are not required to match their grant amounts dollar for dollar, but priority will be given to applicants that have additional funding sources, or their own funds, invested in the project.
Applications are reviewed by panels of experts in the visual, performing, and literary arts, comprised of members of the OCAC Advisory Board and members of the artist community. Panelists discuss and score the grants using an established rating system. The highest scoring applications are funded and the dollar amount granted to each applicant is determined by the OCAC Advisory Board. The panel evaluates applications based on the following criteria:
- Artistic quality of proposed project and artist’s work
- Community impact of project or program
- Likelihood that applicant will complete grant project as proposed
- Proof of community support and responsiveness to community needs, such as letters of support from partnering organizations
Panelists discuss and score the grant using an established rating system. The highest scoring applications are funded and the dollar amount granted to each applicant is determined.
- Grantees must acknowledge the Orange County Arts Commission’s support of their event or projects by including their logo in all print and promotional materials related to the grant. The OCAC’s website offers information and downloadable logos at www.artsorange.org.
- Each grantee is required to submit a final report providing a detailed description of the funded project, participation statistics and demographics, and sample marketing and program materials using the OCAC logo. The report forms will be sent to you by OCAC director Katie Murray and will be due by Monday, July 10, 2023. Artists who have not submitted reports for prior grants are not eligible to apply for future requests.
QUESTIONS & ASSISTANCE