Lets Make a Map! (Online)
August 2 @ 6:30 pm - August 30 @ 9:00 pm$125
Stacye Leanza – Tuesdays, Aug 2 – Aug 30, 6:30pm-9:00pm (Online)
A special kind of magic happens when you overlay a common map with some imaginative images of what could be going on down there.
Good illustrated maps tell the story of a place or event in a way that makes people want to visit the destination, & helps them find it, too.
In class, students will learn techniques to make an inventive map that can do just that. We’ll cover what’s essential for way-finding & what to leave out, and how to create meaningful, expressive icons that will entice viewers.
Graphics software is recommended, but not required. Class meets on Zoom.
- Sketch paper for rough sketches (at least 8.5 x 11”)
- Kneaded eraser, if possible, or whatever you have
Very helpful, whether or not you do the Final artwork on the computer
But NOT required:
- A computer / tablet with Wi-Fi
- graphics / photo-editing software
- Scanner (Or digital camera, in a pinch)
If you do not have access to graphics software*:
- Tracing paper
* There are free options you can get on-line, if you wish. Like Gimp. There’s a learning curve, though…
If you are not doing the final illustration on a device:
We’ll discuss specifics in class. You won’t need this before the third week.
- Art medium(s) of your choice
- Include pencils / pens / brushes / something for detail work
This class is conducted online! A computer with audio, video, and internet functionality is required. Student gives permission for The ArtsCenter and for instructor to use their image and comments in class recordings for promotional non-commercial purposes. Refunds and exchanges are not offered for online classes.
All ArtSchool registrations have a $3 processing fee added upon check-out.
ArtsCenter members receive 15% off of the cost of this course!