It’s Weekend Culture Fix time and we’re going to try something new. We’re doing list approach this time around, rather than narrative. Let us know which format you prefer! Here’s your run-down:
• The Carrboro Holiday Tree Lighting is tonight at 6pm in front of Town Hall, featuring kiddos from Carrboro and MCDougle Elementary Schools singing holiday tunes!
• The Chapel Hill-Carrboro Holiday Parade is tomorrow from 10am-12pm.
• Historic Hillsborough Neighborhood Tour tomorrow from 1-7pm including train rides through town! Tickets $15 advance/$20 tomorrow.
• Buy some locally crafted gifts at Chapel Hill Farmer’s Marketing Winter Craft Market, tomorrow 9am-12pm and at The Bazaarboro! tomorrow at 11am, Sunday at 4:30pm.
• Party cover tunes with Love Tribe at Hot Tin Roof tonight, 9:30pm
• Alt Indie Rock with Del Ward Band at Nash Street Tavern tonight, 8pm
• Rock and soul with JP & LEON BAND at Hot Tin Roof tomorrow at 9pm.
• Indie rock with Porch Light Apothecary at Mystery Brewing Public Housetomorrow at 8pm. FREE!
>>>#ChapelHIll / #Carrboro
• Acoustic roots music with Jake Fussell, Longriver & Travis Champ at Nightlight Bar & Club tonight, 9pm
• Acoustic rock and bluegrass with The Road Home at Johnny’s Gone Fishing tonight at 7pm
• King Mackerel & The Blues Are Running (Jim Wann, Singer & Composer, Don Dixon & Bland Simpson) at Cat’s Cradle tonight at 7:30, tomorrow at 7:30 and Sunday at 7pm. Tickets $30/$10 students.
• Americana jam rock with the grand shell game and Arson Daily at The Station tonight, 7:30pm. Tickets $12.
• Jazz influenced rock/pop with The Will McBride Group at 2nd Windtonight at 9pm.
• Big band holiday tunes with Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis at #UNC Memorial Hill, tomorrow 8pm. (Whoops, this is SOLD OUT but it’s cool to know about it anyway!)
• Indie pop/rock with Le Weekend at The Cave tomorrow 9pm.
• #JazzSaturday featuring Frankie Alexander Alison Weiner Robbie Linkand Beverly Botsford at The Station, 2-4pm.
• Jazz/folk/soul with Wood Robinson’s New Formal Carrboro’s Matt Phillips at The Station tomorrow 7pm. $10.
• Original music and rock covers with Rory Jagdeo with Oasis at Carr Milltomrrow, 8pm.
• The Chapel Hill Philharmonia presents “American Voices” Sunday at Carrboro High School at 3pm. FREE!
• The Pittsboro Bach Society presents their Christmas performance at New Hope Presbyterian Church Sunday at 4pm.
This weekend is the 2nd weekend of the Annual Chatham Studio Tour with our neighbors to the south. Hop on over to the Chatham Artists Guild page for all the info.
>>>Chapel Hill / Carrboro
• It’s #2ndFridayArtWalk in Chapel Hill / Carrboro! Highlights include The ArtsCenter‘s Annual Community Art Exhibit, David L Stickel at Visit Chapel Hill & Orange County, NC, painter laura azar at The Beehive and glass ornaments and sun-catchers by 4 Winds Studios at Weaver St. Realty.
• Artist Talk: Stacy Lynn Waddell on “Please Don’t Shoot Me” at Ackland Art Museum tonight, 6pm – FREE (Pictured, photo by Briana Brough, courtesy Durham Magazine)
• Meet Elaine O’Neil-Textile artist at SallyMack tomorrow, 1-3pm.
~~~~THEATER & COMEDY~~~~
>>>Chapel Hill / Carrboro
• LEE CAMP and Krish Mohan at DSI COMEDY tomorrow 7pm. Tickets $14.
• Transactors Improv Company presents Big City Christmas at The ArtsCenter, tomorrow at 8pm. $15.