Create a painting of a favorite animal in this lively workshop for ages ten through adult. We’ll cover working in acrylics, moving from sketch to finished painting, adding collage elements, and capturing the whimsy of an animal’s features and personality.
Participants will go home with a completed 11 by 14 painting. All materials are included. Please bring a photo or sketch of an animal you’d like to paint.
· Basics of working in acrylics
· How to move from a sketch to a finished painting
· How to add collage elements
· Tips for capturing the character of an animal
· Your own unique 11×14 original painting
Saturday, October 7, 10 am to noon
Instructor: Barbara Younger
$ 60, all supplies included – but please bring photo or sketch of a favorite animal
For adults, mature teens, and children 10 through 14 with a participating adult
Location: Margaret Lane Gallery Annex/F-Stop 2, 302 W Corbin Street, Hillsborough, NC
Stay up to date on local arts news, happenings, and more!