The Orange County Arts Commission has selected five arts educators to be recipients of its 2020/21 Arts Educator Professional Development Grant Program. This grant program was created in 2018 to provide financial assistance to arts educators in their professional and/or artistic development.
This year’s recipients include:
- Rome Buttner – Theatre Arts, McDougle Middle School: Virtual workshop with The Frantic Assembly
- Paul Estrada – Visual Arts/Mixed Media, Chapel Hill High School: Supply purchase
- Meagan Kimbrough – Visual Art/Sculpture, Eno River Academy: National Arts Educator Association membership
- Chelsea Kutner – Music, McDougle Elementary School: NYU Kodály Summer Institute
- Matt Laird – Orchestra, Phillips Middle School: Supply purchase
Arts Educator Grants are awarded each fall. The 2021/22 grant cycle will open in August, 2021.